First-Time Home Buyers
Home ownership is a huge life milestone to fulfill, and we would be honored to hold your hand through the entire process. You will have a lot of questions (as you should!) but the experience should be empowering and exciting. That's where we come in!
There are 11 steps to buying a home. We have detailed the first 4 for you so you're not overwhelmed! After reviewing, give us a call to go over the rest!
- Get Pre-Approved with a Mortgage Lender. We are happy to connect you with our lender partner today! She specializes in First Time Home Buyers and explains every step with patience and expertise.
- Decide what you can Comfortably Afford to Purchase. Interest + Principle + Taxes + Insurance + HOA/Maintenance Fee = Mo/Payment.
- Understand the Exclusive Buyer’s Agency Agreement. How will your Real Estate agent protect you in the purchase process?
- Understand the Typical Timeline for the Home Buying Process
- Select a Home and Write an Offer
- Negotiate, Counter Offer and Contract Acceptance
- Notify Lender and begin Final Loan Approval process
- Order and review Title Work
- Perform Inspections (Typically 10 calendar days from the date of contract acceptance)
- Negotiate Repairs/Inspection Items (Typically 5 calendar days from the date of request for repair)
- Order Appraisal and Home Warranty
- Schedule Closing
- Select Insurance Carrier
- Transfer Utilities
- Final Walk-Thru and Closing