Shop Local This Mother's Day
Mother's Day is coming up and if you're still trying to find the perfect way to show your love, check out these 5 LOCAL experiences and gifts to celebrate MOM!
- If your Mom loves exploring new places and getting some fresh air, plan a mini day trip to Weston, Missouri! Just a short drive from Kansas City, you can fill your day together with a hike at the Weston Bend State Park, grab lunch at Green Dirt Farm and shop the charming stores on Main Street! Make it extra special with a night's stay at a local Bed and Breakfast.
- Hit up Shop Local KC in Midtown or Crown Center and put together a basket filled with local goodies! The shop is filled with amazing candles, lotions, cozy sweatshirts and beautiful art work to make her feel loved all year long. Add in a bouquet of beautifully styled fresh flowers to really put a smile on her face!
- Head to Downtown Overland Park and begin your adventure at the new Kate Smith Soiree. The French macarons here are to die for and the setting is adorned with brighly colored roses. When your sweet tooth is satiated, head down Santa Fe and explore the many boutique shops filled with great clothing, home decor and cooking accessories.
- Downtown Parkville is charm-central and especially lovely this time of year. Start with a walk along the Missouri River, check out the local shops on Main Street, stop for a tasting at Wines by Jennifer and then head to Acre for an unforgettable meal. Parkville is truly one of Kansas City's secret gems!
- If your Mom loves to get pampered, she will really appreciate a gift card to the Spa at Briarcliff, the Woodhouse Spa in Leawood or if you really want to spoil her, plan for a full day of relaxation at The Elms Spa! All three offer luxurious experiences she would never get for herself, and if Moms usually want anything, it's to feel rejuvenation and tranquility!
Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful Mothers, Grandmothers, Sisters, Daughters and Aunts out there! You make our world go round! PS - If you're wondering where to find those amazing cookies in the photo, head to McLain's!