Shop Local this Holiday Season
When you shop local, you support an entire community, not just a business.
This holiday season, consider shopping local for all of your gifts! We have so many talented, creative and passionate people in our community who would love to share their products, services and hospitality with you. It can be overhwhelming to know what to look for so we've detailed our favorite local shops and products below to help you get started.
Unique and Stylish Home Decor
- 10,000 Villages in Downtown Overland Park - Great finds from all over the world! Every purchase helps the artisan and the staff is always incredibly helpful if you need help narrowing it down.
- Golden and Pine in Prairie Village Shops - Our go-to for trendy and modern design! We love their prints, ceramic vases and candles. If you need some interior design advice, they are extremely talented!
- Hammerpress in the West Bottoms - We can't get enough of their unique stationary and prints, perfect for writing holiday cards! We also love their unique posters which make for awesome wall art.
- REmporium in the Crossroads - If you love repurposed and restored furniture and art, this store is a must! Their staff is incredibly passionate about supporting other local business owners and always ensures a big stock of options for your decors needs!
I "HEART" Local Apparel
- Charlie Hustle in the Country Club Plaza - I mean, can anyone ever have too many "heart KC" hoodies??
- Tyler Kingston in Corinth Square - Great little boutique with apparel and decor you can't find anywhere else.
- Made in Kansas City (several locations) - Quintessential Kansas City store for all things LOCAL! We love their drink sweaters, branded tumblers, super soft t-shirts, apothecary products and assortment of BBQ sauces.
- Pink Dinosaur in the Country Club Plaza and Zona Rosa - The owner of this shop not only designs great KC apparel but always strives to give back a portion of your purchase back to charity.
- Nickel and Suede in the Country Club Plaza - Stop here for all of your accessory needs! They are perfect for little stocking stuffers and elevating your holiday look.
- Strawberry Swing/Shop Local KC in Midtown - Another fabulous local business with a new'ish brick and mortar shop. We especially love their fresh flowers and the huge variety of locally created goods on the shelves.
Get in My Belly
- MAPs Coffee in Lenexa - Our go-to for fresh and delicious coffee. Tours and classes are also available and we promise that the owner Vincent will take awesome care of you!
- Zero Zero Pasta in the Westside- A new shop in the old Ibis location offering ultra fresh pasta with amazing flavor. Order ahead for the foodie in your life! They sell sauces, too :)
- Christopher Elbow in the Crossroads - We know the chocolate here is amazing but buy a tin can of the hot cocoa mix and you'll kick Swiss Miss to the curb forever!
- Ruby Jean's Juicery in Leawood and KCMO - When you've indulged in too many sweets this holiday season, head to Ruby Jean's for fresh juice. You can buy gift cards too for stocking stuffers!
- The Russell in Midtown - OK, we're slightly obsessed with this place! Amazing food, friendly staff, great Owner (also of Tailleur and Enchante). If you need any holiday catering, they are fantastic!
- Urban Hikes KC - Exercise, history and new friendships all in one! Get some exercise with your friends and family and explore a part of the city you may have never been to before.
- KC Food Tours - We absolutely love the Prohibition Tour offered by this company! Great outing for co-workers, relatives and friends a chance to uncover the darker side of Kansas City's history.
- J. Rieger - Always a good time had here! We highly suggest going on a tour of the distillery first and then staying for dinner at the Hey! Hey! Club.
- Drastic Measures - Go early to get a spot at this unique cocktail-only bar. It's unassuming and completely memorable!
- Colonial Gardens in Blue Springs - We love this nursery/store/restaurant all year round! Their staff is incredibly friendly and we never leave without a new house plant.
- Paradise Garden Club in The Crossroads - Calling all succulent lovers! This little shop is so adorable and they even invite you to bring in your "sick plants" if they need some TLC.
- Verdant in The Crossroads - Highly recommend a house warming floral bouquet and vase from this brand new shop! You'll be sure to impress all of the guests!
We'd love to know... where is your favorite place to shop local in Kansas City!?