Overland Park named Most Obsessed Pickleball Town
Offers.Bet, a US sports betting aggregator, surveyed 1,000 Americans and analyzed hundreds of Google searches to determine the most pickleball-obsessed cities in the nation. And Overland Park, Kansas topped their list!
We can certainly attest that finding an open court at the last minute or on the weekends is HARD around here! Per PickleballKC.com, check out these pickelball hot spots around the metro and make your reservation, if possible, several days in advance. Keep in mind that a few locations serve up not only fun and great exercise, but delicious food and drinks, too!
- Chicken N Pickle, North Kansas City - 8 courts: 4 indoor and 4 outdoor
- Chicken N Pickle, Overland Park - 10 courts: 6 indoor and 4 outdoor
- SERV, Overland Park - 8 courts: 6 indoor and 2 outdoor
- The Sandbox, Northland - 5 outdoor courts with lights
- Elite Tennis and Wellness, Overland Park - 4 courts with lights. Courts are domed in winter for indoor play.
- 54th Street Grill and Bar Zona Rosa, Northland - 2 outdoor courts with lights.
- Meadowbrook Park, Prairie Village - 8 courts with lights, available for open play when not in use by Johnson County Parks & Rec for leagues.
- Bois D’Arc Park, Lenexa - 8 courts with lights, open play with next up paddle stacking system. Courts can also be reserved through City of Lenexa website on certain days of the week.
- Banner Park, Lee’s Summit - 4 courts. No lights. Only available for open play. Not reservable.
- Blackburn School Park, Independence - 6 courts. No lights. Only available for open play. Not reservable.
If you've never played before, we promise that it's easier than tennis and very addicting! Have fun!