Memorial Day Road Trip Ideas
Posted by Liron Applebaum on Monday, May 15, 2023 at 2:35:29 PM By Liron Applebaum / May 15, 2023 Comment
Although we love to chill in our beloved hometown, sometimes a little weekend getaway is much needed! Memorial Day Weekend is a great time for a quick getaway, especially before the weather is too hot. There is truly nothing "Plain" about this part of the country!
Choose from the following 5 roadtrip ideas, pack the good snacks, grab your bags and head out on the open road!
- Bentonville, Arkansas - We absolutely love this town, so full of art, culture and beautiful scenery! Book a room at the eccentric 21C Hotel, rent a mountain bike for gorgeous trail rides, and spend an entire day at the Crystal Bridges Museum. This easy drive down I-49 from Kansas City is a MUST.
- Konza Prairie and Manhattan, Kansas - Head to Manhattan for some college town fun and make sure to take time to explore the Konza Prairie. This roadtrip will offer you the perfect mix of urban and country! At the highest points of the Prairie's trails, you can enjoy spectacular views of the Flint Hills and the Kansas River Valley.
- Omaha, Nebraska - This treasured town is chalk-full of delicious restaurants and fun activities for the whole family! Stay in the historic Old Market Area so you can just park your car and explore the best of the city on foot. If you make time for the Henry Doorly Zoo, you won't be disappointed!
- Hermann, Missouri - The Hermann Wine Trail is a group of seven family-owned wineries waiting to spoil you with delicious local wine, lots of fun and a little history. Perfect for a couple or girlfriend getaway, live it up in Hermann and make sure to book a charming Air B&B for the full experience.
- Mark Twain National Forest - For those who love camping and the great outdoors, this U.S. National Forest is a truly Midwest gem with 750 miles of trails and 350 miles of stream for canoeing and kayaking. About 4 hours from Kansas City, this roadtrip is the best for those who need to really unwind and unplug!
We'd love to know where you love to travel to in the Midwest! Let us know in the comments below!
Post a Comment