Kansas City Ice Skating Winter Guide
Whether you're a pro or take it nice and slow, ice skating outdoors is always a fantastic winter activity! And Kansas City does it right! The FIVE rinks we've detailed below are full of fun and cheer, hot cocoa, twinkle lights and the holiday spirit! So go on and grab your mittens, hats and scarves...the ice awaits!
1. Park Place - It's always a tradition for our family to go to this rink! Although on the smaller size, the atmosphere is always super fun! Those string lights above the rink are just so magical. Make sure to grab a treat next door at Ice Cream Bae or hot cocoa at Outta the Blue afterwards.
2. Chicken 'n Pickle - Brand new to Overland Park this year, the Ice Pond is open daily! Stay for the great food and indoor pickle ball, too. Skates available for rental and kids under 3 are free. Note: The Northland Location does not have ice skating, only Overland Park.
3. Crown Center - Quintessential Kansas City right here! This rink is probably the most well known across the metro. The huge Christmas Tree complements the rink and all the fun that surrounds it. It gets busy here so be patient and make sure to dress extra warm!
4. Summit Ice - Located in Lee's Summit, this 8,000 sq ft rink is sure to impress the whole family! Open fire pits and twinkling lights really make it a memorable time. This is the only outdoor ice rink in eastern Jackson County!
5. Zona Rosa - After your holiday shopping, head to the rink located in the heart of Zona Rosa! They also have special times reserved for ice hockey and curling. Nothing better than skating under the stars!