Apple Picking Kansas City Guide
Autumn in Kansas City is THE BEST! One of our favorite pastimes is to go apple picking on a cool fall day. Luckily, there are so many options for different apple varieties, enchanting orchards and delicious donuts all around the metro. Check out the following 5 places for awesome apple picking and fabulous fall activities!
- Johnson Farms - Belton, Missouri - One of the most popular in town, Johnson Farms has Red/Golden Delicious, Braeburn, Fuji, Granny Smith and Pink Lady apples, all found at their 5,000 U-Pick apple tree orchard! They also have tons of activities (for a fee) and a huge retail center filled with colorful mums. You can spend a whole afternoon here!
- Weston Orchard - Weston, Missouri - Super scenic orchard with 13 apple varities from the sweetest to the most tart! We especially like the kid-friendly play zones and amazing house-made apple cider, kettle corn and donuts.
- Gieringers - Edgerton, Kansas - So much to do at this family orchard and farm including shopping at their wonderful market store, running through the corn maze, and of course, picking some of the sweetest apples around. It's worth the drive!
- Cider Hill - Kansas City, Kansas - We love the drive up here which shows off the beauty of Northwest Missouri! They have the best slushies. There are 18 different kinds of apples that are grown in the Orchard. Don't forget to pack a lunch and have a picnic!
- Louisburg Cider Mill - Louisburg, Kansas - Quintessential fall at this family orchard! We love everything about this place, like the country store, watching the apples being pressed, enjoying the rural surroundings and the family farm activities. You'll definitely go home with a bag of fresh donuts!
Enjoy this beautiful time of year and happy picking!