5 Labor Day Roadtrip Ideas from Kansas City
Itchin' for a Labor Day weekend getaway but short on time?? Check out these 5 destinations, all 3 hours or less from Kansas City! Lots to experience in each place but we've rounded up our favorites for you. So grab the good snacks, load up the car, and hit the road!
- Des Moines, Iowa - 3 hours away - Tons of art to appreciate in this quaint city, especially at the Pappajohn Sculpture Park. Make sure to add the Greater Des Moines Botanical Gardens and the Science Center of Iowa to your agenda. And of course, great nightlife awaits in the East Village!
- Manhattan, Kansas - 1.5 hours away - It's a truly beautiful drive through the Flint Hills to get here! A few must-dos on your roadtrip include the Wildwood Adventure Park, an early sunset hike through the Konza Trail and monekying around at the Sunset Zoo!
- Bentonville, Arkansas - 3 hours away - Reserve a whole day for the stunning Crystal Bridges Museum, rent mountain bikes and explore the local trails, have a sundae at Walton's after learning about Wal-Mart's history and be a kid again at the Scott Family Amazeum!
- Lawrence, Kansas - 35 minutes away - Come hungry because Mass Street is a foodie haven! Get lost at the Raven Book Store after walking the KU campus grounds, then before you head home, stop at Grinter Farms for an epic sunflower selfie.
- Omaha, Nebraska - 2.5 hours away - Stay in the Old Market for the ultimate shopping and dining experiences! The Henry Doorly Zoo is a must as are the Lauritzen Gardens and the Joslyn Art Museum.
What would you add to this list?! Let us know in the comments!