10 Ways to Protect Your Home While You're On Vacation
Have summer vacation plans? Whether it’s a weekend, week, or just a quick overnight stay, you want to ensure that your home and your belongings are safe whenever you leave. Check out this checklist of things to do before you leave your home for vacation.
- Get a Home Security System. Get a home security system and make sure you advertise that you have one. If possible, get a video security system that will allow you to monitor your home remotely.
- Stay Off Social Media. It's hard not to post vacation pies on social media, but you should hold off to keep your home safe. Post your pies when you get home.
- Keep Your Yard Maintained. Weeds and overgrown grass is a sure sign that nobody is home. Have someone trim your lawn while you're away.
- Hold Mail and Deliveries. Have the post office hold your mail. Make sure that you don't have any package deliveries while you're gone.
- Install Proper Exterior Lights. Install outside lights that are on a timer or that have movement sensors.
- Install Timers on Your Interior Lights. Schedule timers to turn on a few inside lights to make it look like someone is home.
- Have a Trusted Friend Watch Your Home. If you have a friend in the community, ask them to keep an eye on your home while you're away. Ask them to take in your trash.
- Secure Your Garage Door. Lock your garage door and the door that you enter from your garage door.
- Lock Your Sliding Doors and Windows (Even on the Second Floor). Make sure that all of your windows and doors are locked. Double-check windows on your second story.
- Keep Your Blinds Open (If You Usually Do). If you usually leave your blinds open, keep it that way. Your home will look like someone is home.
SAFE TRAVELS! - Jeremy
Post a Comment